Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Listening To The Forest

 


Recently, I had the opportunity to spend a night camping in a forest at Rishikesh. It was a full moon night and there was a stream flowing nearby. All night I could hear the soothing sound of the stream trickling by.

There was also a constant background music scored by the crickets. I had expected to hear sounds of some animals, maybe the roar of a tiger or two. However, no such sounds were heard.

Instead, deep into the night, I heard the continuous sound of drums being beaten at a distance. The next morning, the camping staff confirmed that there was probably a wedding at some distant village located deep inside the forest, and all night I had heard the drums celebrating the union of two souls.

 

Priyam Jain- 8 A

 


No comments:

Post a Comment