Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Night At The Camp

 

It was a windy evening. We were trekking to our campsite. 


My hair was on my face, blown by the wind. The day had been tiring and everyone was exhausted, carrying their heavy backpacks. We had also been assigned to collect sticks on the way, for the campfire. 

When we finally reached the campsite, everyone was so relieved their faces lit up hearing the word “rest” and everyone started to build their tent. We were assigned to groups and would be in the same group until the end of our camp. The tents were set up in no time with our excited hands working in full speed. 

Our teacher set up the campfire and the seats around it and also began heating the soup. Nothing is better than hot soup in the chilly weather. I quickly grabbed my jacket and the polaroid camera which was gifted by my parents for my birthday. It was cyan blue in colour which matched well with my light pink jacket that kept me warm and comfortable now. All of us gathered around the fire as the soup was being passed to everyone.

My friends and I posed for pictures and our teacher was playing his guitar. After a couple of pictures, we went back to singing melodiously and joining in the chorus. We talked and laughed until our mouths and stomachs ached. 

People wanted to hear horror and scary stories, but some of us just wanted to stargaze. The night ended as yawning faces bid goodbye and went to sleep.

~Vibha V Galimath – 8 A

 


No comments:

Post a Comment