Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Paper Boat



As small as I am, I still float

No matter how the tide turns,

I must if it is today,

Sink or float

 

I am but a paper boat,

I float in small streams.

Following the twists and turns,

Of the dancing stream.

 

I don’t see a sudden drop,

I don’t see an unexpected change in my course,

But then again I think, nor do I see a steady path.

 

It is all in that moment,

Where you don’t see anything, 

If it’s a sudden drop, or an unexpected change in the tide,

Because no matter how hard you try, how prepared you are,

A stream always finds a way, and it’s not always on your side.

 

But it’s just a matter of hope, 

And if you have hope,

Then even in a puddle,

A paper boat will float.

 

And as of now,when nothing is clear,

And the future is as unpredictable as the sea,

All I can do now is to hold on to what I hold dear,

To live in this moment,and dream about

 what my future holds for me…

 

~Ananya Rao - AS Level

 

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment